Maybe we rushed into it, maybe not, but i know one thing for sure, I need to learn to read between the lines more. Wait, no. Not that. I DO read between the lines. What i’ve learnt is that i need to learn to listen to myself, and to not be in denial when i know something isnt right. next time, i’ll Cut my losses and won’t waste my time . Why should I stay in some weird one way relationship limbo when I can move on to what will surely be better territory? Don’t want to hear it? Fine. Here’s the answer you’re looking for, “Hang in there, baby. He’s not the loser everybody’s telling you he is. If you wait and keep your mouth shut and call at exactly the right time and anticipate his moods and have no expectations about communication or your own sexual needs, you can have him!” But please don’t be surprised if he dumps you or continues to drag you through a completely unsatisfying relationship.
Texting/Calling when you say you’re going to call is the very first brick in the house you are building of love and trust. If he can’t lay this one stupid brick down, you ain’t never gonna have a house. And baby, it’s cold outside.
I don’t want to be “sort of dating” someone. I don’t want to be “kinda hanging out” with someone. I refuse to be “just seeing” eachother. I don’t want to spend a lot of energy suppressing my feelings so I appear uninvolved. I want to be involved. I want to be sleeping with someone I know I’ll see again because they’ve already demonstrated to me that they’re trustworthy and honorable — and into me.
A man who wants to make a relationship work will move mountains to keep the woman he really wants. If he’s not calling you to tell you he misses you and wants you back, it should only be because he’s showing up at your house to do it in person … if he’s not doing any of that, he may miss you, he may still really like you, but ultimately he’s just not that into you. Stop taking his calls and let him know what it’s like to live without you.
Don’t be flattered that he misses you. He should miss you. You’re deeply missable. However, he’s still the same person who just broke up with you. Remember, the only reason he can miss you is because he’s choosing, every day, not to be with you.
It’s very tempting when you really want to be with someone to settle for much, much less. Even a vague pathetic facsimile of less than you would have ever imagined. Remember always what you set out to get and please don’t settle for less. These guys exist because there are a lot of women out there who allow them to.
No matter how powerful and real your feelings may be for someone, if that person cannot fully and honestly return them and therefore actively love you back, these feelings mean nothing.
1. I will not go out with a man who hasn’t asked me out first.
2. I will not go out with a man who keeps me waiting by the phone.
3. I will not date a man who isn’t sure he wants to date me.
4. I will not date a man who drinks or does drugs to an extent that makes me uncomfortable.
5. I will not date a man who makes me feel sexually undesireable.
6. I will not be with a man who’s afraid to talk about our future.
7. I will not, under any circumstances, spend my precious time with a man who has already rejected me.
8. I will not date a man who is married.
9. I will not be with a man who is not clearly a good, kind, loving person.
10. “I don’t know what happened” or “I dunno” (or any other variation of this excuse) is not an answer. You deserve more than just “I dunno”